Bellator Fighting Championships week 5 from Dayton, Ohio is set to take place with just one minor hiccup. All fighters are weighed-in for the event, however, Eddie Alvarez and Eric Reynolds had to agree on a catch-weight of 157.5 lbs versus the usual 156 lbs.
In just two fights, the lightweight finalists will be revealed. The winner of Jorge Masvidal (17-3) vs. Toby Imada (21-12) will fight the winner of Alvarez (16-2) vs. Reynolds (10-1). Masvidal is coming off an of impressive knock-out win over Nick Agallar, while Imada submitted Alonzo Martinez via rear-naked choke. Alvarez finished off Greg Loughran by submission and Reynolds KO'd Thomas Schulte via head kick. The lightweight semi-finals should be exciting as all four fighters finished their respective opponents in the first round.
Complete weigh-in results:
- Eddie Alvarez (157.5) vs. Eric Reynolds (157.5)*
- Jorge Masvidal (156) vs. Toby Imada (154.5)
- Dave Herman (238) vs. Josh Barnes (263)
- Joey Beltran (233) vs. Sherman Pendergarst (229)
- Raoul Romero (222) vs. Dave Evensen (252.5)
- Matt Jaggers (145) vs. Pete Dominguez (145)
- Jessica Pene (117) vs. Tammy Schneider (117.5)
- John Troyer (171) vs. Justin Edwards (169.5)
- Waylon Lowe (155) vs. Frank Carabello (154.5)
To view the full event, please click here