In what can only be described as a landmark contract offer, details of the UFC's contract proposal to Fedor Emelianenko have surfaced courtesy of the highly reliable Carmichael Dave radio show. The CBS affiliate is reporting that Emelianenko was offered the following:
- A six-fight $30 million dollar contract, making him, by far, the highest paid MMA fighter in history
- An immediate title shot against Brock Lesnar
- A cut of the Lesnar/Emelianenko PPV on top of the already exorbitant purse
- Authorization to wear as many M-1 Global logo's as Fedor wished
- Authorization for Fedor to compete in Combat Sambo tournaments
As stated at today's press conference M-1 Global and Fedor Emelianenko are holding out for a co-promotion. Or they may be posturing to see how far they can push things with the UFC, but Carmichael Dave, who has an inside relationship with UFC President Dana White, states that the organization will never agree to a co-promotion with M-1 Global. He states that the deal is dead unless M-1 relents on this point.
As we previously reported, Strikeforce has a deal on the table for far, far less at $500,000 to $700,000 per fight, but is willing to co-promote with M-1 and can offer CBS Primetime exposure.
Check out the Carmichael Dave Show tonight at 9pm PST. You can stream live at Northern California's Sports Station KHTK - Homepage and call toll free at 1-800-920-1140.